Get Involved: Planning the Future of Howard County
Do you want to learn how to shape the future of Howard County? Does the planning process seem daunting?
Howard County is running their first PlanHoward Academy this fall to teach county residents how to participate in the process. Four sessions will include facilitated sessions, hands-on learning exercises, take-home materials, and web-based tools.
They are looking for applications to fill a class of 25 residents that want to be engaged in planning and improving life in Howard County.
- Build relationships with planning staff and learn how to get information
- Develop tools to get involved in future planning efforts
- Learn about land development - including growth policy, the general plan, the development review process, zoning, etc!
- Become a liaison to educate and inform your neighbors
- Learn how to get information through the Department of Planning and Zoning’s map and web-based tools
- Network with other residents looking to get involved
Classes will be on Wednesdays from 7 PM to 9 PM on September 27 and October 4, 11, and 18 at Howard Community College in Columbia.
Applications are due by 5 PM on September 1st. Apply now!