Rhode Island Fall 2017 Internships
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund has one fall internship position open. This position is for the summer of 2017 in the Rhode Island office of Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization that promotes the public interest on issues related to water, waste, and toxics.
Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, reducing water pollution through policy and effective stormwater management, reducing trash and plastic pollution through source reduction, working to slow climate change, and electing pro-environment candidates to public office. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central aspects of all our campaigns.
Responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, skills, and interest as well as campaign needs. Tasks may include:
- Writing and/or posting content for website articles, blog posts, email communications, etc.
- Helping to manage social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Conducting research on current news items and social media trends to inform communications activities
- Assisting to amplify national communications efforts and/or campaigns
- Assisting the state director with communications activities for coalitions to which Clean Water Action/Clean Water Fund belongs
- Researching campaign issues and being able to effectively communicate findings
- Administrative tasks as needed.
- Passion for protecting human health and the environment
- Passion for expansion of clean energy
- Good communication skills
- Solid computer skills (competent in working with Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Familiar with basic social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook
- Well organized
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good writing skills a necessity
Familiarity with campaign organizing in a variety of racial and socio-economic communities, and/or communications is highly desired. Interns must be able to travel to Clean Water Action’s Providence office located at 741 Westminster Street.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Send resume, a writing sample, and a brief statement of your interest in organizing for the environment to Johnathan Berard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put: "Fall 2017 Communications Internship" as the email subject.