POWER is about real people in communities across Florida sending a message to local, state, and federal lawmakers that we want elected officials to represent our health and well-being regardless of partisan affiliation or political aspirations.
POWER is about stepping up and taking back our basic rights. It is about being heard and seen during critical moments in the decision-making process on issues we care deeply about; issues that impact our water quality, environment, children, homes, jobs, education, and communities.
The POWER Bill of Rights is bringing us back to basics and can help gauge how well our elected officials are representing our interests, not special interests.
- ENSURE CLEAN AND SAFE WATER FOR ALL Safe and abundant drinking water is a basic human right
- PROTECT OUR PUBLIC HEALTH FROM TOXIC EXPOSURE Especially for vulnerable members of our communities, like children and the elderly
- INVEST IN JOBS TO BOLSTER – NOT JEOPARDIZE – FLORIDA’S ECONOMY Like construction work on water quality improvement projects, creation and installation of clean energy, and building of public transit infrastructure
- PROMOTE GOOD GOVERNMENT Streamline and focus our government on protecting public interest over private profit
- UPHOLD FLORIDA’S NATURAL LEGACY Protect Florida’s invaluable natural resources to ensure that our beaches, marine ecosystems and America’s Everglades will be enjoyed by future generations
POWER needs you and it’s easy to get involved. We’ll give you the tools you need. All we’re asking you to do is:
- BE HEARD: Periodically send a targeted e-mail message or phone call to one of your local, state, or federal elected officials on a timely issue.
- BE SEEN: Periodically join others in your community at face-to-face meetings with your elected officials.
- BE AWARE: As you go about your daily life, read, watch, and listen to what your lawmakers are doing and pass it along.