Governor Whitmer has proposed several important investments to rebuild our water infrastructure, protecting children from lead poisoning, and investing in clean energy and energy efficiency.
Some of the highlights of the Governor’s proposal include:
• $290 million for the MI Clean Water Plan to help rebuild our water infrastructure
• $55 million for the Filters First Program to put lead-free drinking fountains in Michigan schools
• $20 million for rapid response contaminated site cleanup
• $10 million for the Lead Poisoning Prevention Fund
• $5 million to help low-income homeowners with necessary repairs to qualify for weatherization programs
• $5 million to the State Facility Green Revolving Fund for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects at state facilities
These investments will help Michigan move forward and build back better from the COVID-19 pandemic, while creating thousands of jobs all across our state, but they still need to be passed by the state legislature. Please join us in taking action. Tell your State House Representative and State Senator to support these critical investments and making your voice heard today!