Clean Water Action's 18th Annual Breakfast of Champions (From Home!)
You are invited to attend Clean Water Action's 18th Annual Breakfast of Champions (from home!) happening Friday, May 8th, 2020 at 9:30 am! Purchase tickets or become a sponsor.
For the past seventeen years, we have gathered along the banks of the Pawtuxet River to recognize the contributions made by local leaders in the environmental field and share a meal made from local ingredients. Unfortunately, because of the spread of COVID-19 over the past several weeks, we are unable to celebrate together in person.
We CAN, however, still recognize the important contributions that this year’s Champions have made. We will be doing this using the help of modern technology.
So please join us on May 8th for our virtual (Bring Your Own) Breakfast of Champions event. All proceeds benefit Clean Water Action's local programs to fight the climate crisis, protect drinking water, improve public health, and reduce single-use disposable plastic pollution that harms our neighborhoods, waterways, and Narragansett Bay.
This year, our Champions are:
- Kate Weymouth, Barrington Town Council Elected, Official of the Year
- Scott Kirmil, Diego’s and Anna Burnley, Mission NPT, Business Leaders of the Year
- City of Providence’s Office of Sustainability and Racial and Environmental Justice Committee, Local Leaders of the Year
David R. Gerraughty Award for Lifetime Commitment to the Environment
We will also award the prestigious David R. Gerraughty Award for Lifetime Commitment to the Environment, named in honor of the long-time Clean Water Action program organizer and canvasser who chose protecting the environment and safeguarding public health as his "second career".
This award is given each year to one member of the environmental community, nominated by their peers, who has made significant, long-term contributions to environmental and public health protections in Rhode Island over the course of their life and/or career.
To nominate a candidate for the David R. Gerraughty Award, please complete the nomination form by Friday, April 10th. For more information, please call (401) 331-6972.
Purchase a Ticket or Become a Breakfast of Champions Event Sponsor!
Your generous sponsorship helps Clean Water Action fight for our environment all year long! Last year, these contributions allowed us to work to reduce single-use plastic pollution across our state, make our communities more resilient in the face of climate change, and cut down on the number of toxic chemicals we come in contact with every day. Please consider joining us in tackling these important environmental and public health issues!
We offer various sponsorship levels which could include an ad, tickets or program listing. Please click here to purchase your ticket or select your sponsorship.
- Champion $1000 - Inside and back cover, full page (5”x8”) + 6 tickets)
- Guardian $750 - Full page (5”x8”) + 5 tickets
- Steward $500 - Half page (5”x4”) + 4 tickets
- Caretaker $250 - Quarter page (2.5”x4”) + 3 tickets
- Advocate $100 - Eighth page (2.5”x2”) + 2 tickets
- Friend $75 - Program listing + 1 ticket
- Elected official or environmental advocate $50 - 1 ticket
- Student or Clean Water Action member $15 - 1 ticket
For more information, please contact Johnathan Berard at email@example.com.
We look forward to seeing you there!