Watch the World Asthma Day Virtual Town Hall
Clean Water Action participated in a #LetUsBreatheNJ Virtual Town Hall for World Asthma Day on May 5th.
The Town Hall raised awareness of asthma and improve the lives of all people living with this chronic disease. The event featured featured elected officials, health professionals and grassroots leaders working on the front lines to address the root causes in "asthma hotspots" like Newark, Elizabeth, Camden, and California as well as state legislators promoting environmental justice legislation. Watch the virtual event below!
- Congressman Raul Grijalva of Arizona's 3rd congressional district
- Jacquie Patterson, Director, NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program
- Angelo Logan, Campaign Director, Moving Forward Network
- Kim Gaddy, NJ Environmental Justice Organizer, Clean Water Action
- Dr. Rob Laumbach, Associate Professor, Rutgers University - School of Public Health, EOHSI - Clinical Research and Occupational Medicine
- Councilwoman Shaneka Boucher, Camden, NJ