Be a Clean Water Voter This Midterm Election
We are just weeks away from the 2022 midterm elections, and with the House and the Senate hanging in the balance, every race matters. What’s potentially at stake? Continued federal action to fight the climate crisis, bills to tackle toxins like PFAS, and legislation to protect voting access. Check out our New Jersey endorsements, and then read on to find out your options to vote this year!
In New Jersey’s 7th Congressional District, Clean Water Action has endorsed Tom Malinowski. Congressman Malinowski has maintained a perfect environmental voting record. He stood with farmers, landowners, and environmental activists to defeat the dirty PennEast pipeline, and he is a champion of New Jersey’s clean energy sector. This will most likely be a close race, so make sure you share this endorsement with your NJ friends and family!
We have also endorsed:
- Andy Kim - CD3
- Frank Pallone - CD6
- Tom Malinowski - CD7
- Bill Pascrell - CD8
- Donald Payne - CD 10
- Mikie Sherrill - CD11
- Bonnie Watson-Coleman - CD12
The deadline to register to vote in the November 8th election is October 18th. Check your registration and register to vote.
There are three ways to cast your vote in NJ in 2022!
VOTE BY MAIL: If you would like a ballot mailed to you, your county clerk must receive your application to vote by mail by November 1st. You can also request a mail ballot in person at your County Clerk’s office until November 7th at 3pm.
To return your mail ballot.
- You can mail it. It must be postmarked by 8pm on Election Day, November 8th and received by your county’s Board of Elections on or before 6 days after Election Day.
- You can put it in one of your county’s secure ballot drop boxes by 8pm on Election Day, November 8th. Find your closest drop box here.
- You can deliver it in person to your county’s Board of Elections Office by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day, November 8th.
IN-PERSON EARLY VOTING: You can cast your ballot in-person, at a voting machine, prior to Election Day. Early in-person voting will take place from October 29th - November 6th, 2022. Each county has a list of early voting locations.
VOTING ON ELECTION DAY: Election Day is November 8th. Find your polling place, and head over between 6am and 8pm.
For voting questions or problems, contact the non partisan Election Protection hotline:
- English - 866-OUR-VOTE (866-687-8683)
- Spanish - 888-VE-Y-VOTA (888-839-8682)
- Arabic - 844-YALLA-US (844-925-5287)
- Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Urdu, Hindi, and Bengali - 888-API-VOTE (888-274-8683)
Make a plan to vote! The state of NJ has given us a buffet of voting options! Whether you fill out a mail ballot at the beach and drop it in a secure drop box, bring your toddler to an early voting location, or show up on Election Day, your vote will help determine our climate future. See you at the polls.