Administrative Assistant | Oakland CA
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant to provide support to our program staff. Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that seeks to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Action has close to 1 million members nationally. Clean Water Fund provides research, education, organizing, and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts around the country, promoting the public interest on issues related to water, natural resources, health, and a healthy economy. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund work together on selected campaigns and programs. This is an excellent entry-level position in a well-known and fast-paced environmental organization.
Primary duties include:
• Assist California Director with fundraising and administrative tasks;
• Assist ReThink Program in tracking reporting deadlines and processing orders;
• Coordinate scheduling for in-office meetings and take notes as required;
• Maintain calendars and send reminders for key fundraising and reporting deadlines;
• Coordinate national and state program activities;
• Other duties as required by the California Director.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
• Strong organization and time management skills;
• Excellent and engaging oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to use e-mail, excel and google spreadsheets, word-processing and Google docs;
• Detail-oriented, accurate and neat; with strong personal organization;
• Strong work ethic, punctual, flexible, team player and able to juggle multiple tasks;
• Shares Clean Water’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization and integrating justice and equity into our work to ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com and use the subject line Administrative Assistant Application. Internal candidates should talk with their supervisor first.