Clean Water Fund is seeking a full-time Anacostia Coordinator to support the Anacostia Parks and Communities Collaborative (APACC). APACC is a coalition of 30+ organizations and businesses located in or serving the Anacostia neighborhood of the District of Columbia (Wards 7 and 8) that seeks to empower residents, help build stronger communities, and ensure better outcomes in environmental policy and in safeguarding the health of local residents. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization with offices in 15 states and the District of Columbia which promotes the public interest on issues like water, waste, and toxics. Clean Water Fund serves as a fiscal agent for APACC and helps coordinate its activities and programs for residents.
Overall responsibility for leading and developing APACC’s work, including the following specific responsibilities:
- Coordinate monthly meetings of the APACC Steering Committee and regular general meetings of the APACC membership and meetings of the Policy Workgroup and other committees or workgroups.
- Help develop and implement programs and campaigns to improve the environment and public health in DC Wards 7 and 8 in conjunction with the APACC Steering Committee and member groups.
- Help recruit new member organizations for APACC and work to engage existing groups in the monthly General Meetings, other special meetings, and programs, activities, and campaigns conducted by APACC.
- Develop and implement fundraising plans in coordination with the APACC Steering Committee and Clean Water Fund staff, raising funds from foundations, individual donors, and other sources.
- Oversee distribution and management of the APACC Fund, providing financial support for programs, projects, and training provided by APACC members and other organizations serving Wards 7 and 8.
- Represent APACC with other organizations, public officials, funders, and the media. Travel throughout the DC area may be required.
- Coordinate communication programs with APACC members and the public, using social media and traditional media outlets.
- Conduct other work as directed by supervisor.
- Five or more years of experience as a manager or organizer with a non-profit organization is required, including experience with grassroots organizing, coalitions, and campaigns. Administrative and operational management experience, including the ability to manage diverse projects, budgets, and multiple priorities, is also required.
- Knowledge of the Anacostia neighborhood of the District of Columbia, including organizations active in the community and issues affecting residents.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership to build and direct APACC’s programs.
- Successful fundraising experience with foundations, major donors, and events.
- Experience developing and working with leadership bodies such as boards of directors or steering committees.
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice and equity, and experience working with diverse communities and populations.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills and computer literacy.
To apply, send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Internal candidates should speak with their supervisor first.
Clean Water Fund values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Fund is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.