Massachusetts Development Associate
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund will be hiring a development associate in our Boston office to support the organizations’ donor fundraising and organizing activities.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes justice and the public interest on issues related to water, waste, clean energy and toxic chemicals. Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, promoting energy efficiency and clean energy, advocating for Zero Waste policies, and protecting drinking water. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central goals in all campaigns.
To support this work, Clean Water raises funds in part from a base of donors and supporters through events, house parties, direct mail and email appeals, one on one meetings, and selected corporate partnerships. The development associate will A. coordinate fundraising activities for our Massachusetts program (working with the Massachusetts Director and other Boston office staff); B. provide administrative support to the Massachusetts program; and C. support donor cultivation activities in 2-4 other states (in collaboration with national development team and state directors).
- Coordination of two annual Massachusetts events including logistics, event communications and supporting team-based fundraising approach;
- Coordinating “Earth Month” activities with corporate partner;
- Writing and planning online fundraising appeals;
- Executing two annual direct mail appeals for Massachusetts;
- Managing Massachusetts portion of national database;
- Donor research and cultivation in collaboration with state directors and national development team;
- Financial coordination and support of Massachusetts program including basic financial tasks and grant tracking and management;
- Office management of the Boston program office.
Skills required for this position include:
- Demonstrated commitment to Clean Water’s mission and values;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Very detail oriented;
- Adaptability and ability to learn on the job;
- Cultural competency in interacting with people from a variety of economic, racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds;
- Fundraising and development experience;
- Well organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Solid computer skills--familiar with Word, Excel, etc. and experience working with databases;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
A minimum of two years experience in development, event planning or related field a must. Background in environmental issues is helpful.
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Elizabeth Saunders, firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates should first contact their supervisor.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.