Massachusetts Fall 2019 Internship
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund have an internship position available for the fall of 2019 in our Boston office.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, elect pro-environment candidates to public office, and help communities address local environmental problems. Clean Water Fund is a national research and education organization which promotes the public interest on issues related to water, waste, toxics and climate change.
Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, protecting drinking water, promoting responsible growth of the energy efficiency and clean energy industries, advocating for Zero Waste policies, and electing pro-environment candidates to public office. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central principles of all our campaigns.
The intern will support Clean Water’s safe drinking water campaigns and assist with volunteer engagement for the whole office.
Responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, skills, and interest as well as campaign needs. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for website articles, blog posts, email communications, etc.
- Assist in putting together campaign materials and research
- Coordinate with staff on projects and events related to drinking water campaign
- Conducting outreach to individuals to engage volunteers
- Organize volunteer opportunities
- Administrative and other tasks as needed.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- High School degree
- Passion for protecting human health and the environment
- Good communication skills
- Solid computer skills (competent in working with Word, Excel, internet, etc.);
- Well organized
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good writing skills
Familiarity with campaign organizing in a variety of racial and socio-economic communities, and/or communications is highly desired. Interns must be able to travel to Clean Water Action’s Boston office located at 88 Broad Street, Downtown Boston.
To apply, send resume and a brief statement of your interest in the position to Maureo Fernàndez y Mora at email@example.com.