Massachusetts Winter/Spring 2020 Internship
Clean Water Action has 1 internship position available for the winter/spring semester of 2020 in the Boston office.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, elect pro-environment candidates to public office, and help communities address local environmental problems.
Top issue priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, promoting clean energy and climate justice, getting lead and other contaminants out of drinking water, advocating for Zero Waste policies, and electing pro-environment candidates to public office. Ensuring that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all, are central principles of all our campaigns.
The Elections Intern will support Clean Water Action’s campaigns to elect pro-environment candidates to office in Massachusetts.
Responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, skills, and interest as well as campaign needs. Tasks may include:
- Writing content for website articles, blog posts, email communications, etc.;
- Researching and compiling information about candidates;
- Communicating with campaign staff of candidates to obtain information about the candidate’s position on environmental issues;
- Administrative tasks as needed.
Clean Water Action values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- High School degree
- Passion for protecting human health and the environment
- Strong interest in elections work
- Good communication skills
- Solid computer skills (competent in working with Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Well organized
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good writing skills a plus
Familiarity with campaign organizing in a variety of racial and socio-economic communities, and/or communications is highly desired. Fellows/Interns must be able to travel to Clean Water Action’s Boston office located at 88 Broad Street, Downtown Boston.
To apply send resume and a brief statement of your interest in organizing for the environment to Vick Mohanka at email@example.com.