Minnesota Legislative Program Intern
Clean Water Action is an organization of 50,000 Minnesotans working to empower people to take action to protect America's waters, build healthy communities and to make democracy work for all of us. For over 30 years Clean Water Action has succeeded in winning some of the nation's most important environmental protections through grassroots organizing, expert policy research and political advocacy focused on holding elected officials accountable to the public.
Clean Water Action is looking for an enthusiastic student or recent graduate to assist with our work throughout the 2018 legislative session. The legislative program intern will work closely with the legislative program coordinator on Clean Water Action’s legislative priorities. This is an opportunity to explore and gain practical experience on the legislative process.
- Monitor and track legislation.
- Observe House and Senate committee meetings.
- Conduct policy research.
- Attend monthly program meetings.
- Draft fact sheets and campaign materials.
- Assist in preparation of our bi-annual legislative scorecard.
- Work with Clean Water Action members to increase level of individual advocacy activities.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Interest in politics, policy and the environment. Knowledge or training is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self starter and work independently as part of a team.
- Superior research and reporting skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a diversity of people and groups.
Dates & Location:
- When: February, 2018 – June, 2018
- Where: Minneapolis, MN (330 2nd Ave S- Suite 420, Minneapolis, MN 55401.)
- Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week.
- Compensation: Unpaid.
To apply send a resume and cover letter by e-mail to: Jenna Grove, Minnesota Legislative Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application process will remain open until the position is filled.