Minnesota Program Organizer
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund in Minnesota are seeking an energetic and experienced organizer to develop and implement the organizations’ new campaign on sustainable food production and water in Minnesota. The position is based in our Minneapolis office. Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with more than 50,000 Minnesota members that works for clean, safe affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and business and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization providing education, organizing and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts.
- Coordinate development and implementation of our new campaign focused on creating public and market demand for more sustainable production of meat in Minnesota, including public education efforts and outreach efforts to change the marketplace,
- Conduct on-line organizing efforts, building and supporting public outreach activities, and conducting outreach and mobilization of Clean Water Action members
- Organize mobilization and outreach activities to engage members and the public in campaign activities
- Make public presentations and organize events and earned media opportunities
- Create outreach materials, content for website and online outreach activities
- Recruit, train, and lead a strong volunteer leadership team
- Represent organization to regional and national campaigns and coalitions
- Help fundraise to support campaign activities
- Provide support to Clean Water Action’s field and phone
- A minimum of four years of successful professional field and on-line organizing experience, preferably in environmental, social justice or election campaigns
- Strong oral and written communication skills; experience preparing and delivering public presentations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and problem-solve in fast paced, dynamic work environment
- Research and strong critical thinking skills; computer skills; well-organized and self-motivated
- Willing to travel within Minnesota; available for evenings and weekends
- Knowledge of market campaigns and/or food systems helpful
- Knowledge of field and phone canvasses helpful
Email a letter of interest and a resume to Deanna White at dwhite(at)cleanwater(.)org. Internal candidates please notify your supervisor before applying.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund values a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.