National Water Projects Coordinator
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund’s national program team is growing! We seek a full-time Advocate to play a lead role in our water pollution and equity work and to work with the national program team on other priority campaigns. Clean Water’s programs around the country engage people to support policies to protect clean water, curb climate change and reduce toxic exposures. Clean Water’s national programs -include policy research, advocacy, public education, coalition leadership, and communications strategies to promote clean water, with a focus on drinking water and water pollution issues.
- Play a lead role in research, writing and advocacy around a new water pollution and justice project, designed to increase community participation in water policy decisions and win changes that result in equitable water policies.
- With national team, carry out campaign strategies around the Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, and other national policy issues.
- Coordinate with Clean Water state offices and canvass programs.
- With national team, convene and/or participate in relevant meetings and events with allies, policy makers, and others.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, grant reports and other fundraising activities
- Special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience and good research skills required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in advocacy or environmental policy work, with experience in environmental justice, water pollution and drinking water issues helpful but not required.
- The ideal candidate will be: committed to the organization’s mission; an excellent written and verbal communicator; well organized and able to handle multiple responsibilities; highly productive and reliable with the ability to exercise good judgment across diverse situations and able to meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be comfortable learning policy and technical issues, familiar with advocacy campaigns.
- GIS experience is helpful but not required.
- Candidate should be able to travel to Clean Water offices and events periodically.
Email resume and cover letter addressed to Lynn Thorp at email@example.com. Internal candidates should speak with their supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Based on experience. Salary range: $50,000 - $60,000 annually. Clean Water offers an attractive benefits package.