New Jersey: Student Event Intern 2017
Organization: Clean Water Action. Location: Long Branch, NJ. Compensation: Unpaid student intern, earn course credits and valuable experience. Required Education: Currently working towards undergraduate or graduate degree in Communications and Marketing, Event Planning, Public Policy, Environmental Policy or related degree.
Description: Clean Water Action's interns are actively involved in all areas of the organization, and play a vital role in day-to-day operations. We are seeking interns who are well-organized team players with an interest and commitment to environmental policy and education, marketing and communications, non-profits, or event planning. Interning with Clean Water Action is a great way to gain real world experience that could lead to a career in non-profit management, environmental affairs, communications, marketing, or many other avenues. The internship will be approximately 10-15 hours a week. The events intern will work closely with Clean Water Action’s Events & Donor Associate on all aspects of event planning for the organization's upcoming 7th annual charity auction.
- Work with Events & Donor Associate to coordinate event logistics
- Event planning, promotion, and on-site execution including set up and tear down.
- Maintain up-to-date event documents and action plans.
- Assist with social media and other online promotions of event.
- Assist research, list organizing, and obtaining items for charity auction.
- Offer input into event projects and participate in meetings.
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a strong interest in event planning/marketing.
- Previous event volunteer experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A "can do" attitude and desire to learn.
- Ability to follow instructions and also work independently.
- Creative and detail-oriented.
- Compassion and interest in environmental protection.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.