Office Assistant | Minneapolis MN
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a part-time Office Manager for our Minneapolis, MN office to provide administrative support to our field canvass and program staff. Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that seeks to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems affecting them. Clean Water Action has nearly one million members nationally. Clean Water Fund provides research, education, organizing, and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts around the country, promoting the public interest on issues related to water, natural resources, health, and a healthy economy. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund work together on selected campaigns and programs.
- Answer incoming calls; screen prospective applicants for canvass positions, schedule qualified applicants for interviews with the Canvass Director; take messages for all program staff.
- Coordinate all recruitment activities with Canvass Director including campus outreach and recruitment, ad placement, career fairs and other recruitment outreach.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly canvass reports.
- Maintain personnel files and track staff benefits accrual and use.
- Process information requests from the public and refer to appropriate staff.
- Provide programmatic support, including maintaining issue files and sorting and sending letters generated by the canvass.
- Stock canvass materials and order office supplies.
- Maintain office appearance; light cleaning and organizing.
- Provide technical support; maintain computers and printers; back-up files
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use e-mail, excel spreadsheets, word-processing and Google docs.
- Detail-oriented, accurate and neat; with strong math skills and personal organization.
- Strong work ethic, punctual, flexible, team player.
- Shares our commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization and integrating justice and equity into our work to ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position. All staff utilizing office required to wear masks and social distancing is observed, remote work when feasible/approved.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
E-mail your resume and cover letter to Kyle Rosas, firstname.lastname@example.org. Internal candidates please contact your supervisor.