Policy Advocate, Minneapolis
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are seeking a professional to provide technical expertise and strategic guidance on our policy and issue campaigns. Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund conduct a number of issue campaigns related to drinking water, pollution prevention, Climate Change, environmental justice, funding of environmental programs and more.
Clean Water Action is a 501(c)(4) national organization with 50,000 Minnesota members that works for clean, safe affordable water, prevention of health threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund is a 501(c)(3) organization providing education, organizing and technical assistance to strengthen grassroots environmental efforts.
- Provide policy analysis and recommendations related to Clean Water’s policy initiatives and priorities;
- Monitor and track progress on state legislative initiatives;
- Provide talking points and review materials;
- Participate in the formulation of campaign and advocacy strategies;
- Lobby on behalf of the organization and coordinate lobbying efforts by staff and leadership;
- Assist the organization in building and maintaining strategic relationships;
- Ensure we are using a racial equity lens when analyzing policy initiatives; and,
- Provide regular verbal and written reports.
- Must have two or more years’ experience in advocacy and public policy analysis;
- Direct knowledge and existing relationships with state policymakers and staff to support our issue campaigns in Minnesota;
- Demonstrated understanding of effective policy advocacy strategies and tactics;
- Familiarity with environmental issues;
- Experience and strong commitment to integrity, transparency, and working collaboratively with multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; and,
- Commitment to racial equity and social justice and the ability to use a racial equity lens in all aspects of work.
CONTRACT TERM: Runs thru June 30, 2021
FEE FOR SERVICE: Maximum hourly contract rate is $25 for up to 1,100 hours. Specifics to be negotiated.
The consultant selected will be at the sole discretion of Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund. Preference will be given to a sole practitioner or one with minimal additional clients in order to avoid a conflict of interest. We encourage diversity and small independent contractors to apply.
Email letter of interest, resume and 3 references to email@example.com.
ALL LETTERS OF INTEREST MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN NOVEMBER 30th, 2020 BY 5:00 P.M. CST.