ReThink Disposable Associate
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seek a full-time energetic Associate to help implement our ReThink Disposable program (www.rethinkdisposable.org). The Associate will do outreach to engage local restaurants and institutions in implementing cost saving practices that reduce packaging and waste. The campaign focuses on reducing the use of disposable products in the food service industry, replacing them with reusable products. Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally-safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and quality of life.
Primary duties include:
- Conduct field outreach and recruit businesses to participate in ReThink Disposable program
- Observe business operations and make recommendations for source reduction, offer technical assistance to participants; track and record results pre and post intervention, conduct analysis of waste reduction and cost savings to business as a result of program implementation
- Assist with ReThink Disposable internal/external communications needs such as program promotion, marketing, and sharing business accomplishments;
- Meet targets for recruiting business participants on time and with significant results;
- Participate in meetings to plan and implement ReThink Disposable program;
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisors.
- Personable and able to communicate effectively with businesses and the public to seek behavior change;
- Strong writing skills with a fun/relatable style to share stories of program impact;
- Knowledge of water, waste, marine debris and plastics pollution, and experience in food service industry a plus; proficiency in other languages a plus as well;
- Must be very organized, detail-oriented, able to work independently, meet deadlines and complete assignments on time while juggling multiple projects and tasks;
- Must have valid driver’s license and be willing to drive throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Some lifting and transporting of materials may be required.
Email letter of interest and resume to ReThinkDisposable(at)cleanwater(dot)org. Internal candidates should talk with their supervisor first.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.