ReThink Disposable Project Manager | Oakland CA
Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally-safe jobs and businesses, and empowering people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and quality of life.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund are looking for a dedicated Zero Waste advocate with expertise in direct business engagement and project management to lead our robust ReThink Disposable Bay Area Program. ReThink Disposable is a data-driven waste reduction program that works with governments, businesses, institutions and consumers to prioritize reusable food service items in order to conserve resources, reduce costs for small businesses and prevent waste and litter. The Bay Area’s amazing cultural and ethnic diversity is reflected in our robust restaurant industry. We’re looking for a motivated, multi-lingual candidate who can work with government agencies and a diverse array of food service establishments to promote resusable food service alternatives.
Primary duties include:
● Work with ReThink engagement specialists to in the field to conduct outreach and covernt businesses to reusables, with a focus on engaging businesses owned and managed by black, indigenous, people of color, women, and/or non-English monolingual individuals to participate in ReThink Disposable program;
● Supervise the collection of program metrics to quantify the value of the program;
● Act as the lead contact (working with the ReThink Program Director) with Bay Area ReThink contractors, tracking contract deliverables and writing grant updates and final reports;
● Support the Rethink Program Director and State Director in the development of new contracts and proposals;
● Assist with ReThink Disposable internal/external communication needs such as program promotion, marketing, and sharing business accomplishments;
● Foster existing and new partnerships with zero-waste and community-based organizations to further the mission of the program in a collaborative fashion by requesting, hosting, and facilitating meetings with allies;
● Perform other duties as directed by Supervisors.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund requires COVID-19 vaccinations for all positions that will work in our offices or travel in our vehicles. Proof of vaccination will be required for applicants for this position.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
● Able to communicate effectively with businesses and the public (canvass experience a plus);
● Experience in managing contracts and writing reports;
● Fluency in a language in addition to English (preference for Mandarin and/or Cantonese);
● Experience in managing staff;
● Must be very organized, detail-oriented, able to work independently, meet deadlines and complete assignments on time while juggling multiple projects and tasks;
● Must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Some lifting and transporting of materials will be required;
● Experience in Zero Waste policy and practice is a plus;
● Shares Clean Water’s commitment to increasing racial diversity in our movement and organization and integrating justice and equity into our work to ensure an inclusive organizational culture.
Email letter of interest and resume to ReThinkDisposable@cleanwater.org. Internal candidates should talk with their supervisor first.