Rhode Island Fall 2018 Internship
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund has one fall internship position open: ReThink Disposable Intern. This position is for the fall of 2018 in our Providence, Rhode Island office.
This internship will focus on CWA's ReThink Disposable program, through which we work with food service businesses to reduce the amount of single-use plastic waste they generate and help educate their customers about plastic and marine debris pollution. Minimum of 16 hours per week commitment for the entirety of the fall semester required.
Responsibilities will be assigned based on experience, skills, and interest as well as campaign needs. Tasks may include:
- Helping with outreach to current and candidate ReThink Disposable businesses
- Assisting with site visits and food service ware and packaging inventory audits
- Data entry and tracking
- Writing and/or posting content for website articles, blog posts, email communications, etc.
- Helping to manage social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Conducting research on current news items and social media trends to inform communications activities
- Assisting to amplify national communications efforts and/or campaigns
- Researching campaign issues and being able to effectively communicate findings
- Administrative tasks as needed
Clean Water Action strongly encourages people of color, LQBTIQ people, women, and those from historically economically disadvantaged communities to apply.
Clean Water Action is a national, grassroots environmental organization that works to protect the environment and safeguard public health, promote passage of strong environmental laws, and help communities address local environmental problems.
Our priorities include: preventing harm to our health from toxic chemicals, reducing water pollution through policy and effective stormwater management, reducing trash and plastic pollution through source reduction, working to slow climate change, and electing pro-environment candidates to public office. We ensure that those most affected by environmental degradation have a voice at the table, and that solutions to environmental problems contribute to broader goals of justice for all.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. Clean Water Action is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Passion for protecting human health and the environment
- Good communication skills, including phone and email
- Solid computer skills (competent in working with Word, Excel, Internet, etc.);
- Familiar with basic social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Good writing skills a necessity
Familiarity with campaign organizing in a variety of racial and socioeconomic communities, and/or communications is highly desired. Interns must be able to travel to Clean Water Action’s Providence office located at 60 Valley Street, Providence.
Send resume and a brief statement of your interest in organizing for the environment to Johnathan Berard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put: "Fall 2018 ReThink Disposable Internship" as the email subject.