Water Program Analyst, California
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund seek a 100% (FTE) program analyst to provide support to California’s Water Program. We are looking for candidates who are organized, detail-oriented, independent and able to meet deadlines on time while juggling multiple projects and tasks. The analyst will be responsible for implementing our sustainable and equitable agriculture program; reviewing, analyzing and commenting on technical reports on groundwater, agriculture and water quality; and providing expert advice on policy efforts related to groundwater and agriculture.
Clean Water Action is a national organization working for clean, safe and affordable water, prevention of health-threatening pollution, creation of environmentally safe jobs and businesses, and empowerment of people to make democracy work. Clean Water Fund organizes strong grassroots groups, coalitions and campaigns to protect our environment, health, economic well-being and community quality of life. Both organizations are committed to becoming anti-racist organizations and combatting the disproportionate impact of environmental issues on communities of color and lower income communities.
Primary duties include:
- Data review and analysis;
- Representing Clean Water at meetings, hearings and other venues;
- Development of comment letters, white papers and other written materials;
- Member and media communication;
- Perform other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in a science or math-related field, or commensurate experience (professional or volunteer) with a non-profit organization;
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data;
- Strong math and computer skills;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Cultural competence, commitment to racial justice and equity, and experience working with diverse communities and staff.
Preferred candidates will also have experience in:
- Water quality impacts of agriculture
- Sustainable groundwater management
- Environmental justice campaigns
- Media outreach and communications
Email letter of interest and resume to Jennifer Clary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line of the email should be “Application for Water Analyst Position”
Internal candidates should talk with their supervisor first.
* Clean Water offices are closed due to the pandemic and program staff are working from home. Staff office arrangements will be reviewed once the office is re-opened. Preference is for staff to work within commute distance.
Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund value a diverse workplace. People of color and those from economically disadvantaged communities are particularly encouraged to apply. Clean Water is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.