In This Issue
- Celebrating Clean Water Action's 50th Birthday
- Protect Our Water from Chemical Spills
- Making Environmental Justice a Policy Priority
- Protecting All of Our Water
- Taking on “Forever” PFAS Chemicals
- We All Live Downstream: Clean Water Podcast
- More National Campaigns News
- State and Regional News
Program that Sacrifices Underground Drinking Waterfor Oil and Gas Injection Raises Questions
“Every conversation about water ought to begin with conservation.” Those were the words of Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper in his 2013 State of the State Address. In May 2013, Governor Hickenlooper issued an executive order directing the Colorado Water Conservation Board to develop a “State Water Plan” that would create a roadmap for water use.
Blue Ribbon Oil and Gas Task Force Gets Underway
In August, Governor Hickenlooper announced the creation of the state commissioned Blue Ribbon Oil and Gas Task Force. The Task force is charged with making policy recommendations focused on state and local regulations of oil and gas operations.